Frequently Asked Questions
1. When will the trail get built?
All trails of this length are normally constructed in phases. Construction on the Spring Creek segment is projected to begin in Summer of 2015.
2. How much will it cost to build this trail?
The estimated cost to build the entire trail is $32 million.
3. Will the trail be on public or private property?
The entire trail will be on public property.
4. How long will the trail be?
The first phase of the trail will be approximately 3 miles long and the entire trail will be approximately 18 miles long.
5. Will the trail be paved/improved or gravel/unimproved?
The trail will be a paved asphalt trail, mostly 18’ wide on the first phase, and 12’- 14’ wide around the rest of the lake.
6. Will there be a cost to use the trail?
There will be no cost to use the trail. There is a cost to use the park facilities at Arcadia Lake.
7. Where will I access the trail?
There will be several access points for the trail, such as the Wellness Park, the Arcadia Lake Project office, and Spring Creek Park at Arcadia Lake.
8. Will there be public facilities, such as water stations and rest rooms, available along the trail?
There are public facilities available at the Arcadia Lake parks.
9. Will the trail be open year round?
Most of the trail will remain open year round.
10.Who will maintain the trail once it is built?
The City of Edmond will maintain the trail once it is built.
11. How can I help get this trail built?
Make a donation to the Edmond Land Conservancy for the Arcadia Lake Multi-Use Trail project.